Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer time...and the livin's easy...

Wow, time sure flies when you are having fun!! As summer always does, it has flown by and we are already well into August. After graduation in mid-May and moving permanently back home, there has been a little bit of adjusting to life in Point. I like not having to drive 2 hours every Monday & Thursday to go to & come home from Madison, but I do miss my friends and experiences from school.
Matt & I took a much-needed road trip out to Yellowstone in late June into early August. What an amazing adventure! We stopped a few places along the way to explore or visit friends & family like Rochester, the Badlands, Custer, & Ten Sleep to break up the drive. Once we got to Yellowstone, I got to see some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. We also got to see so much wildlife, including numerous grizzlies! A little scary, but amazing to say the least. We saw a sow and 3 cubs in Hayden Valley guarding a carcass. While standing there observing them (and the lenses other photographers were using that cost as much as a new car), I met another wedding photographer from Dallas, Texas, William Porter http://william-porter.net

We only chatted briefly as Matt & I were on our way to the Tetons & Jackson that day, but we have kept in touch since we both got home. He enjoys all genres of photography and you can see an infusion of many different shooting styles in his work. I always enjoy networking with people, you never know what new experiences they might open you up to!
Before we even returned home from out west, I began editing the pictures in the car and had a slideshow made in iDVD to show people. 3 days after returning from Yellowstone, I jumped on a plane and went out to Seattle to shoot a wedding with a friend, then we drive down the Oregon coast on 101 all the way to Redwoods National Park. I ended the trip with a visit to San Francisco to see my brother, then came home and got "back to reality." So needless to say it has been an amazing summer thus far, and I am very much looking forward to the future adventures being a photographer will take me on!
Check out my photos: http://pixbyjen.zenfolio.com/p397312024

No comments:

Post a Comment